Well Hi. Happy Monday to 'ya!

,

I so wrote that and then went down by my clock to make sure it was really Monday...or still was! I have been totally spaced out today and I have no good reason for it.

On the home front, I have done some shifting stuff around and trying to figure out what I need to look for the next time I'm some place to look. In the process of changing my house into something really cozy, we still have a long way to go.

I'd like a few more table lamps and I need to find something for the little half table I have in my hallway. It is a difficult table to shop for because it is small, it is short, unfinished, and right between the kids' rooms so they have their little grubby mitts on things there all the time. In other words, choose your decorative items wisely!! Any ideas anyone???


I've added some personal photos to my bedside table, a few of the kids and one of Hubby and myself on our wedding day. His table is still just an alarm clock and a phone, but the manly simpleness of it will not be disturbed. Ha!


I removed, reorganized, and replaced a lot of items on the shelves that sit on either side of my TV stand. I would really much rather have a TV armoire, but this is what we have now and it is paid for so I guess it is fine. Maybe one day, eh?


I dug out a picture I had in mind to place over our TV. There's a whole buncha open space up there and it just looks so blank. One thing I'd like to put up there is this picture:


It has colors that compliment the pillows I picked out for our couch. I think it will look great. However, I have a problem. Our TV/entertainment area isn't centered on the wall it rests against. I wanted to center this picture over the wall, but it looks kinda funny being off-center so I feel compelled to put something else up on the wall to sort of balance it out. Make sense? Any recommendations?

Our master bath has a tiny little water closet with the loo in it, separate from the mail bath area where the shower, bath and sinks live. This closet is a speck of a space, so, so TINY! There is all this wasted space over the toilet so I decided we'd put in a mirrored medicine cabinet. They have some super nice ones now up there at Lowes! Here's what we picked:


I think it will be great there, plus we can get some of our medicines up out of the bottom cabinets in our kitchen. The white/mirror combo will hopefully make the room look a little larger....or at the very least, a little less claustrophobic!

Tomorrow is free Grand Slam day at Denny's!! From 6-2, Denny's is serving free Grand Slams!! My MIL is going with me to help wrangle the kidlets and I'm looking forward to some free food. Yip!

I'm in deep contemplation over this blog I love: The Nesting Place. She has some awesome ideas for different types of EASY window treatments. I'm thinking of replacing a few of the ones I have now. The window treatments we have now are just a curtain rod with a piece of fabric draped over it. They're nothing fancy and they're kinda boring. I am also thinking of other areas that need mistreatments.

I'm currently vexed over the fact that my sister bought Riley, my 3 1/2 year old (who is obsessed with Lightening McQueen) 2 "Ka-CHOW" Christmas ornaments. He wants them in his room NOW. There is no waiting for Christmas time and a tree, he wants them up now. What in the hell am I supposed to do with them!?!? I'm thinking about hanging them with ribbon from the ceiling.

Right now I am baking peanut butter cookies to enjoy after the kids go to sleep and nursing a glass of root beer. I find that root beer makes me happy when I've had a bad day or I'm in a crappy mood. Must be the extra sugar or something.

0 comments: