Things are 'a changin'.

,

In Texas, we really only have two seasons:  HOT and COLD.  Right now, it seems like we're done with hot for today.  It is in the 50's here today but tomorrow it could just as easily be 90 again.  Who knows!  But for today, I'm enjoying the brisk air, the clouds and snuggling up with a good book (when the kids will let me.)  It is really starting to feel like Fall!

Tomorrow, I'm going to take the kids to the pumpkin patch.  Hopefully we'll bring some pumpkins home and we can start feeling festive.  I'm not one that really decorates with pumpkins much.  My luck is that I'd get a rotten one that would leak black goo all over my furniture and stink up my house.  No thank you!!  Been there, done that!  I'll just stick with nonperishable decorations!  Like these: 



Check these bats out on Its the little things that make a house a home.  Totally awesome.  Next year, my friend, next year......

I might even bring those bad boys into my home and plaster bats all over my walls, you just never know.  ;)

The kids are healthy, which is a nice thing for me.  I'm worried about the piggy flu with my asthmatic boy.  I still need to go get their flu shots done.  Maybe tomorrow morning!    Riley's been coughing for the past 3 months, not a severe cough, just a slight one that comes up with physical activity and in the mornings.  I'm letting it slide.  Livi has a similar one so I suspect she might have some sort of airway issues as well, though apparently very slight at this point.  Riley is experimenting with making his sneezes more fun.  Instead of your regular A-tchooo!  we're getting silly A-tchooo-ooOOOOooooooo!!  Very amusing.

That's about it for the 'cute' things that are happening around here.  Otherwise, we're dealing with a bit of the 4 year old whines and the 2 year old aggression.  Off to read about parenting without spanking or shouting.

Have you ever done something that you regretted?  I mean like really regretted?

I just finished a book called Thirteen Reasons Why about how our actions can affect other people.  It really makes me stop and think.


Pick it up the next time you're looking for a thought provoking read.  It is in the teen section, which is where all the best books are popping up these days!!

Take a peek at the Halloween costume Riley's rockin' this year.  It is too funny!!



Why, yes, those are inflatable muscles.  Why do you ask?  ;)  My 30 lb four year old needs all the help he can get! 
Here's Olivia, just yesterday, clowning around in the mall play area.  We were enjoying some time together since Riley was in school.  Wednesday's are our day and Thursdays are **MY** day since both kids are gone.  Woop!

1 comments:

Sheree said...

wasn't that book eye opening? SRSLY had me thinking...i "enjoyed" it - that's prob not the best way to put it but you get what i'm saying. it was good.