Rag Quilt and Good News!!
It seems like it has been a while since I posted, but nothing much is happening here and I didn't want to just put in a filler fluff post. Those are boring and lame. ;o)
A few days ago, I finally got up the nerve to start on a rag quilt for the new baby. I found this awesome tutorial from Creations by Kara which was simple enough to follow, even for lil 'ole me! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to make one without Kara telling me all the measurements to use because I'm math-dumb, but since Kara did all the hard work for me, I did it!! I made mine 32"x32" just like Kara.
I headed off to Hancock the other day, spoke with an old lady that teaches the quilting classes they have there. I didn't realize until about 1/2 way through our conversation that she was WAY more into quilting than I was at that point. She was sweet. Instead of buying any batting for inside my quilt, she instructed me to buy some Northern Lights fleece to use instead. Cheaper than batting, works just as well, I was sold! I also splurged on a self healing rotary mat. I sew on the floor most of the time and it is big enough to keep all my sewing stuff off the carpet while I work. And it was AWESOME while I was using the rotary cutter to cut my squares.
I hadn't used a rotary cutter before. Have you? You should. They're awesome. I love it. I can't believe I lived all this time without one. Here are the squares I cut from my fabric stash.








3 comments:
LOVE the quilt!
out of curiosity, and since I couldn't find it anywhere... when are you due?? I think we are about the same number of weeks along, but not quite sure... :)
thanks!
the quilt is beautiful, sarah!
PS madison potty trained over the winter and it's the best feeling before #3 comes to know they are on their way!
Post a Comment