I've been busy.

,



Last night, I got struck with a bit of inspiration and I started on my fingerless gloves. I knocked them out really quickly and as with what happens every time I do something quickly and excitedly, they came out a little sloppy. Boo. However, they are just for me and I really like them. The only problem with being sloppy is that now people have stopped me to ask about my gloves, I tell them I made them and they notice the sloppy sewing. Trust me....I am generally a lot more neat when I make stuff I sell! Ha ha ha!!

Sometimes I get a little too excited and
just want to get it done. :) I made these gloves out of left over cashmere, which is the only type of wool that doesn't make me itch.

I accented them with buttons just for fun. They're about 11" long, 6" around at the hand and 7" around at the arm. My arms are skinny so I had to make them pretty small so they wouldn't fall off!

Today, I was finally able to finish the stroller/car seat blanket I have been working on for months. I love making these throws but they are a lot of work. I wasn't feeling a lot of motivation to finish it because the other things I have poured a lot of time into have just sat and sat in my store. I hate that. I feel like no one likes me and I should just go eat worms when that happens. Bleh.

So I made this wonderful little blanket and I really like it. I first went through and cut all these squares and then started sewing long strips of them together, then I sewed the strips together and then I finished some rough edges. Then (!!!) I realized that although I have sold them with a rough back before, I didn't really like how the 'wrong' side of the blanket looked. You could see all the seams and random threads I was afraid to cut because that was probably the one thread holding the whole blanket together. LOL SOoooo, long story getting longer.....I decided to take a solid cream minkee that I had for my dolls and make a backing to the quilt. It came out amazing!!



What do you think? :D I'm just a little bit proud.

4 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

They look great Sarah! I love the blanket you did!

Hayley said...

That is very cool, is it made of wool?

Sarah said...

Yes! It is made from scraps of wool sweaters. :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Love the gloves and the blanket!