I'm a busy little bee
,
Well, howdy-do everyone! It has been a while since I posted. I'm feeling a lot better today than I was in my last post. :)
My kids have been sick. Riley had croup and then has gone all asthmatic on me. I was just on the phone with the pulmonologist and we're trying to decide if he needs to see a Dr. today or not. He sounds like crap and he's retracting a little bit off and on. He's not eating well either. Olivia has a crappy cough too. She had an ear infection but that's better now and she's as feisty as ever. Oh my gosh she needs an attitude adjustment and she won't let anyone deal with her these days but me! Not even her father! Or her Grama!
I've done some business in nearly every room in my house since I last posted. Here's a snippet of some wall stickers that I applied in the kidlet's rooms. In Riley's space, we used some car stickers and did a wavy design all around the room about 7' up the walls. It isn't perfect, but the wavy application hides it well. I don't do straight lines and I think they're over rated.
We also went to Ikea and bought Riley this wicked awesome green lamp. It makes his whole room look green which he really loves since green is his favorite color. Plus, the lamp has other uses as he grows, it can be a floor lamp or put on the wall.
In Livi's room, I used stick on flowers and butterflies to fill up some space on her vast, white walls. Here's some butterflies that I arranged in a sweeping design across the wall. I love how it turned out. :)
While I was at it, I also did some improvements on the kid's bathroom. It really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Well, I know the reason. The bathroom was one of those long skinny bathrooms without a lot of space width-wise. I had a dark blue curtain up in the tub area and it just cut off the room and didn't show off how long the space was. So in my narrow bathroom, I inadvertently made it short too!
I got a fun, clear shower curtain with frogs, turtles and fish on it and it doesn't cut off the space at all. I also hung the rod a bit higher so it makes the space look larger (vertically) since you can see the whole design on the shower curtain. I don't dread this bathroom anymore. I think I love it. :)
In the kitchen, I didn't do much. However, we did put up our Easter decoration. We only have one so it was a big deal for us. LOL
He told me that I'd better not bring home any chickens so being the little jerk that I am....I came home with these little beauties. I hate being told what to do. :P
I picked up this wonderful stool at an antique shop. It isn't an antique, I don't think, but I like it anyway. It is a bit shabby-chic, my husband HATES it. I love red things. Jason hates them. He doesn't think the stool matches anything but that's what I like about it. Sometimes I think a little splash of color in a space makes it feel more cozy. Not everything has to match all the time. I was going to use the stool as a lamp table in a corner of my living room but then I found a perfect spot for it. Between the recliner and the couches is a little spot where it fits perfectly. Now I have some place to set my drink, snack or remote while I sit in the recliner and veg. Awesome. :)
I so love my red stool. :)
And now.....the piece de resistance!!! While I was out shopping at Ikea, I found some lamps for my bedroom and let me just say.....LIGHTING LIGHTING LIGHTING!! It changes the whole space!! Never underestimate lighting!! By adding these two bedside lights, our room was instantly....and I mean, even during the day time.....completely and utterly transformed. Check it out:
For the bathroom, I followed some advice I found from The Nester regarding adding some lighting and hiding my stuff that I usually have out and around on the counter tops. While I was at the trade day, I found someone selling these old bread boxes and while I wish I had bought a second one, I did get a free basket when I bought the one I *did* get. Here's what I've done with it:
Also....my Valentine's present! They're so pretty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Everything looks great, I really like the red stool! You've been busy busy over there.
~Michelle
I especially love the red stool and the chickens!
Post a Comment