Wow
Well as some of you may have noticed, I changed my blog up a little. I like the colors, it is very girly and we'll see how long this pleases me. If you were online and stalking me yesterday, you probably saw me cycle through about 15 different backgrounds. I couldn't decide what I liked.
I'm still trying to work out the kinks on here! For some reason, I can't make any changes stick when I try to change the blog title or the time/date stamp that shows up when I post. It just says undefined. Frustrating!! I've messed with it on and off for a while now and I'm just about to give up. Fooey!
Maybe my hubby can take a look at it later for me.
I have been really pleasantly surprised lately by how successful my neighborhood pet sitting business has become. I walk a dog in the neighborhood nearly every day at lunch and have had steady business over long weekends and the holidays. I don't charge as much as some of the other local petsitters, which is probably why I'm getting so many calls! Many in the area charge $15/visit with at least 2 visits a day, while I'm generally charging half that much. I only watch animals in my neighborhood so it isn't a huge work load for me.
My only issue so far is how to deal with my own children as I walk and care for the animals. As a stay at home mom, I do not have someone else to watch the kids as I run out to quickly care for someone else's animals. In many cases, I end up bringing them along. I don't like doing that and I take advantage of my husband being around to help out as much as I can. But even still, I end up dragging the kids along as I take dogs for walks or run down the street to feed and medicate someone's fur-kid.
I've been getting acupuncture done lately to help with my TMJ problems and I am happy to report ::AMAZING:: results. Prior to starting treatment, I could barely open my mouth without severe pain. My jaw had to do some funky work to open all the way and it would leave me in agony for hours after I opened it that far. However, within a week of beginning treatment with acupuncture, Chinese herbs and patches, my jaw is relatively pain free and I have a much greater range of motion. It has really been miraculous.
If you've ever thought about giving acupuncture a try and haven't for whatever reason, I really encourage you to give it a try. I have been in awe of the positive results I have seen!






0 comments:
Post a Comment