Bird nest
Have I mentioned lately how much I love my house? It isn't my dream house....a few more acres of land and it would be closer to it!
But I love it here. I love the light of the place and I love the yard. So do the birds!
We have about a billion different types of birds and on my to-do list is to purchase a bird bath, a few more bird feeders and some bird houses. We have cardinals, blue jays, sparrows, starlings, grackles, crow, red tailed hawks, mocking birds, mourning doves, scissor-tailed fly catchers, killdeer, and purple martins and MORE! And that's just the birds....last week I found a rat snake in the back yard and last year we had possums!
Look what I found last night!
Can you see it in there? I've been telling anyone that will listen about how the mocking birds have been stalking me. I'm in the kitchen a lot and they sit on the fence outside the window and just peep in my windows at me. Like seriously, they stare at me. They're watching me all the time. The other day, I noticed the Mr. and Mrs. building a nest somewhere but thought nothing of it. They were flying around my neighbor's yard so I thought they were nesting over there. Well, I did some research and found that they like dense shrubs best and low and behold....they built a nest in my dense shrub by the corner of my kitchen. Crazy birds, I only have the busiest, noisiest, craziest backyard in the neighborhood. Between the kids, their toys, the dogs, their toys, me and my garden, there is always something going on back there. Strange that the birds wouldn't find some place quieter to nest! Maybe they knew that I'd do my best to care for them, even with all the craziness going on around here...
We had a family of mocking birds last year too, about 3-4 babies being very well taken care of by 2 busy parents. They flopped and squawked all over the yard last year. It was fun to see them grow and mocking birds are ::crazy:: devoted parents.
Look what I found inside the nest. I was so surprised!!I'll keep watching on the down low and keep you updated on my new flock of mocking birds. They are the state bird of Texas!






3 comments:
How pretty those eggs are. I guess they like all of the noise and goings on at your house.
You will love seeing little calf babies running around. They are so adorable.
Thanks for stopping by a few days back! I love your bird post! I wish I could get more birds in my yard...I just love to watch them! Those little bird eggs are precious! So pretty to look at! Have a good one!
How cool! We would love to come over (the long trek across the street) and see all those birds/eggs.
By the way, how did your party go? I want to order some stuff. Can you drop off a catalogue?
Staci
Post a Comment