Everyday Life and Free Paint!

,

Is summer over yet? It is blistering hot here. 102 degrees today! Literally, being outside without sun protection on for 10 minutes is all it takes me to feel the burn. The sun is high in the sky and burning brightly here. So of course, what do we do when we can't stand the heat?? We swim!

Olivia, my olive complexion girl, doesn't get sun burned at all. Instead, she's turning this lovely deep brown. I slather the sunscreen on her but still the tan lines are getting darker. Riley is fair and he burns easily. Usually he'll swim in a shirt for protection. Olivia is in swim lessons now and Riley will soon start, I hope! Currently, Riley is in school two days a week which is keeping his busy. He loves it and that makes my heart so happy. The teacher is always telling me what a good boy he is and how helpful he is to her.

The garden is going through a transition. My watermelon and cantaloupe is now growing out of control, overtaking any free space in the raised bed.....and now spilling out of the bed! I was told it loved the heat, but I had no idea. If you stand out there long enough, I swear, you can see it growing. Amazing.

I have a few watermelon growing and a few cantaloupe. My corn is getting ripe too! Honestly, I am surprised that I actually had any corn mature out there, but it is growing along textbook descriptions out there. I'll pick the first of the ears when the silk dries up more and turns a darker brown. I probably have 2-3 ears that are almost done and another 4-5 or so getting close.
Olivia is 2 now and we had her well baby check up today. She is absolutely perfect and healthy, growing like a weed. She is nearly 24 lbs and is 36 1/2" tall! So...skinny and tall which shows the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Currently I'm 5'11" and 130 lbs!
She's continuing with the early childhood program offered by the state and they'll be reevaluating her next month. In the past 3 weeks, she has become familiar with at least another 20 words! She's also started speaking in 2 word phrases, which is a big deal for her and is also catching her up with what is expected of her for her age.
Also, I had her hearing tested yesterday, the speech pathologist wanted us to test her again since her last test was inconclusive. She didn't want to be surprised later by Olivia having hearing trouble and being a master at covering that up! Have no fear, Olivia is hearing exceptionally well out of at least one of her ears. We have no reason to believe any different of the other ear so we're all set!

If you were not aware, Glidden paint is giving away a quart of paint to everyone in America through July 2nd. So, HURRY UP and order yours!!!

I ordered a quart of Tropical Surf to paint my bedside tables.


Leave me a note and tell me what color you ordered!! Who can resist free paint?!!?

2 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Everything sounds great! Well, except for the heat, that's really, really hot!!

I don't like Glidden paint but we just bought two gallons of Behr for the garage, they are doing their $5 rebate again. Yay!
~Michelle

Hayley said...

I got Sexy Pink, I don't know what for yet but maybe for a book shelf for Hanna's room!