Christmas tree...O.....Christmas tree.....
,
Isn't it lovely?!?
This is the 2nd year we've been in this house for our Christmas and we're still experimenting with the best placement for our tree. Last year, it landed in some front window, squashed in a small corner, without much room for present opening around it.
This year, we decided to move our living room furniture around and put the tree in there. I think I like it a lot better. You sure can't miss the tree now!! It is almost dead center in the room. You have to walk around it to get anywhere. It is a pain, but I love it.
This is the first yeara the kids have been big enough to help decorate. I have to admit, they want to put about 200 ornaments in the same 4" square of tree. I made it my job to re-home the ornaments from where the kids placed them and spread them around the tree. I would have left them, but they were right near the bottom, some were breakable, and we have cats that bat at things, kwim?
We have a green star because Riley's favorite color is green. :)
And here it is in the dark because that is the true beauty of a Christmas tree, right? I can't wait to lounge on the couch and stare at our family's tree in the coming weeks. What a treat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~We had an enormous garage sale Saturday and it was a success! I made a lot of money and got rid of a lot of clutter around here. We got rid of our corner desk from the office, making room for 'Thing 3', and our office looks huge. I'm still working on accessorizing my master bathroom though I notoriously suck at such tasks, I'm trying to stay positive. I don't have a lot of inspiration or space to work with so it is slow going.
Such is life around here!! Happy Holidays!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
WE Have been in our house for 5 years and the tree is in it's 4th location this year!!!!
I remember the days when only the bottom of our tree got decorated by little eager hands! Enjoy it! My babies are 20 and 25!
Your tree is lovely!
Rhonda
how cute! yeah, same goes on at our house all the ornaments in one blog! :) but you gotta admit it's kinda neat that they are old enough to enjoy all this fun!
your tree IS beautiful! happy (almost) merry christmas! :D
Post a Comment