Merry Christmas!!

,

I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas!  We sure were busy and the kids had a wonderful time unwrapping presents and playing with their new things.



What a mess we made!  I'm still working on getting everything put away, our play room is wayyyy overstocked now.

My big present for Christmas was a new Kindle!  I love it.  Now I can read books all I want without having to find a place to store them in my house.  Did I mention how much I love it?  I've been reading like crazy since I got it.

I started with Wings By Aprilynne Pike and now I can't wait for the sequel, Spells, to come out.  The best part about the Kindle is how I get to 'try' books before I buy them, by downloading the first few chapters for free.  It helps me make triple-sure that I want to continue the story.  Awesome feature.  I'm quickly starting a wish list on Amazon of all the books I want to read.  I have a sweet little cover coming to protect my new baby too, isn't it pretty?



Early, early Christmas morning, about 1 am, I woke up to some unsettling events happening with my pregnancy.  To make a long story shorter and as TMI free as possible, I'll just say I had a spontaneous bleed caused apparently by placenta previa.  I had the same type of placenta issues with my first pregnancy, which never resolved, leading to a c-section.  This time, the problem seems to be more severe and the bleeding is pretty significant.  I have an appointment with a specialist sometime soon.  My main hope is that I won't have any difficulties carrying this pregnancy to term and that the baby will continue to be healthy.

Amazingly enough, the kids happened to sleep in a bit on Christmas morning and only woke up about 10 minutes after I got home from L & D.  What luck!!  They never even knew I was gone.  Boy was I tired though.  Whew.

I'm pet sitting a pretty low maintenance dog down the street for the rest of the week.  It is nice to play Mommy to someone else's dog for a while.  My dogs are such hooligans, it is nice to hang out with another dog every now and then.  It reminds me how much I like dogs....I tend to forget when I deal with my own turkeys so much.

I hope all of your Holiday celebrations were wonderful.  And I will be wishing for all of you to have a prosperous new year!!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Looks like the kiddos had a great Christmas and I just can't decide about a kindle or not - honestly, haven't really "read up" (ha, lame, I know) on them that much though, either, but I really love to hold a book and snuggle up with it!

Sorry to hear about the little p-nut, hoping everything is OK with that - take care of yourself!

Aprilynne Pike said...

Oooh! Good luck with your placenta issues! Things like that make me grateful for modern medicine! Glad you enjoyed Wings!!:D

A.

Sheree said...

totally. envious. you. got. the. kindle. WOW. merry (belated) christmas!

Sheyb said...

I loved wings as well. :). That's on our list for the bookclub. This month it's the mortal instrument series.

Good luck with your pregnancy issues!! Hope it all works out!!!