Happy New Year

,

Did I tell you that I'm basically on bed rest now? 

Yes, it is true. I say basically because the Dr. has all but said it.  I have to lay on the couch or bed, not lift anything, limit my activity and be still!  Sounds like bed rest, right?   My hubby is working from home to help me wrangle the babies while I sit around on my buns.  I'm bored and tired of laying around.  I want to do something and I'm anxious from sitting still.

Yes.....and it has only been a week.  *sigh*

I had an ultrasound last week with a perinatologist who explained that I do not have placenta previa, which was what was previously thought.  Instead, I have something called SCH, which in english means I have a big, honkin' blood clot between the uterus and the baby.  My pregnancy is now high risk, more than it was before, because this SCH carries more risks for mom and baby.  Scary stuff but hopefully the resting I'm doing now will make a big difference in the outcome of things later.  I hope!



There's a picture of the baby from last week.  Looking pretty good in there, even though we're having problems.  Baby's growing perfectly and bouncing around in there like he/she's supposed to.  There was a glimpse of a penis in one shot of the baby but we couldn't confirm.  Of course, in my mind anyway, now I'm thinking of the baby as a boy.  We still can't decide on a name.  My favorite is Graham David if only I could get Hubby on board, he doesn't hate it but he won't commit to anything.  He told me today he wanted to name the baby Chicken Tender.  You can see how much help he's being about picking names, right?

The blog I'm loving most right now:

Hip2Save  The best deals on the internet are listed here.  I LOVE IT!!

Perfect distraction for me who can't go out and shop!  I can do it from my computer in my jammies if I want.

Well, anyway, I hope that you're new year is full of many blessings and exciting times, health and prosperity.

8 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Oh man Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that. You must be going crazy sitting around. I'll call you tomorrow so you can tell me more about it. I've never heard of that before.
(((hugs))))
~Michelle

Sheree said...

rest, mama - rest! i've been on bed rest with all but one child and i know how you feel. you can always read for the bookclub?!

sara said...

Oh no! Why is it that whenever you want to rest you can't and when you HAVE to rest- it is wearying!??!

Praying for a healthy baby & momma!

justbe said...

Thank God there is a way for you to actually do something and be Ok both you and your baby. Yes it is bad news but bed rest is a small price to pay. Cheer up and enjoy the time.
Wishing you all, all the best

1 Funky Woman said...

Hi, just found you through "From House To Home". My prayers are with you during your "Sit Rest" hope your bum doesn't get too numb! Good luck to your husband, how much more he will appreciate you when he fills your shoes for a while. I know how tough when you are the mom to just sit back and not be in control, but you and the baby need this.

I saw that you got a Kindle for Christmas, so did I...don't you love it? Just sit back and read, read, read. You know you won't be able to when the baby comes. I am reading Lovely Bones...kinda creepy but I read so much faster I can't put it down. What are you reading? Maybe we can exchange book ideas.

Take care,
Megan

Anonymous said...

hi! I just got the link to your blog from Michelle (house to home) and I would like to tell you.. I had the same exact complication in my pregnancy with my first daughter. I was terrified, but now she is 7 and causing me to go crazy.


Hey, whats wrong with Chicken Tender? (lol what a name) it took my husband and I MONTHS to decide on a name for our littlest one..but it happened. lol..

My Casa Bella said...

I'm sorry to hear of your situation with your precious unborn baby. But hopefully with rest and care you and baby will be just fine. But I know its not fun to be forced to stay still, but we do what we have to. Take care of yourself.
your blog is fun!
Arlene
Come by and say hi one day...:)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Did you come see the prayers for you? Hope you and baby are doing well. HUGS!
~Michelle