Entry way Re-do

,

I've decided to participate for the first time EVER in Susan at Between Naps on the Porch's weekly Metamorphosis Monday. Check out Susan's blog to see more sweet transformations. :)

The much anticipated entryway transformation!!! I know you were all waiting on baited breath for me to post pictures, don't even kid yourselves thinking otherwise! I'm on to your game. ;)


My entryway was pretty sad and bare before I got the idea to make it more comfy. The bench was pretty much unuseable for seating since it hurt your bum too much to sit on it! I've got lots of fabric sitting around here not doing anything but I wasn't feeling super confident about coordinating things or making pillows and stuff. I hadn't done it before and I was a little out of my comfort zone. But, if nothing else, I'm a fairly decent sewer so I thought, how bad could it be?These are the pillows my mother gave me. Personally, I loathe them. They're so 80's I just can't stand it. Or are they 90's? Either way. Ick. My mom thought these would be great 'floor pillows' for the kids to lounge on as they watched TV. However, her planned use of the pillows meant I would probably have to look at them every day, *gag*, so I put them in my storage ottoman and forgot about them.
When I started this project, I thought of these pillows because they aren't too large and I thought they would fit the scale of my bench really well. I went to Joann's and got some fabric that coordinated with the light olive chenille I already had. I love chenille, not only is is super soft, but it has texture to it and I thought I needed some of that. See my fancy designer talk?


Here is my after shot. Check out the wonderful board I got on Etsy for my 'Est' sign. They made it for me for only $20! So now we have a more comfortable seat for taking off and putting on shoes and the whole space has a little personality now. I'm pretty happy with the results and it didn't take a lot of work!


Ta-Daa!!!

9 comments:

Christina said...

Great addition to your entryway. Love the pillows. The fabric is very pretty.

$10.00 for the bench. Great deal!

Anonymous said...

Neat, It looks Great!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sarah...this turned out beautifully...love your fabric choices! You should link this for Met Monday...it's a perfect Met Monday post! :-) Susan

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Very nice. Love the name sign.

Marie Reed said...

What a comfy spot! I'll just take a rest here for a bit.. Phew.... I knew that it would soft and squishy! Perfect!

KBeau said...

You did a great job. The colors are perfect and very "in". Definitely not '80's or even '90's.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi Sarah..first time here. Your pillow makeover looks great with the new fabric. Great choice!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Sarah,
This is my virst visit to your blog. Met Monday is a fun event, I have participated a couple of times. I like the fabric you selected to cover your pillows. Your entry is shaping up nicely.
Cathy

Nicole A. said...

It looks great and I love the pillows!! Love the fabric you chose!!

Thanks for stoppin by my blog! Have a Great Week!